Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mortgages & Mortgage Rates


Earlier today I came across a blog post titled, "Complete Guide to Mortgage Rates." If you have been following me for any length of time, you know why this title would intrigue me. I lived and breathed mortgages for over six years during my credit career with Merrill Lynch, Bayview Financial and a small real estate attorney and title company I worked for. Since I am still very much involved in the mortgage industry because I write for it, I clicked on the link to see what wisdom the author had to share.

I don't know about you, but when I read the word "complete," that is exactly what I expect. Boy was I disappointed. This "complete guide" turned out to be a five paragraph blog post. I have to ask the question, "How is this complete?" It is not possible to cover everything a consumer needs to know about mortgage interest rates in five paragraphs! Needless to say, it was far from being a complete guide to mortgage rates and it frightens me that people who may not know how much is missing from the "complete guide" may read it and think this is all they need to know.

If a "complete guide" is only five paragraphs, beware of the information it contains.

0 comments: